Fermob’s outdoor furniture is, to a piece, the height of classic French design and something many Americans would love to have in their backyards. Unfortunately buying Fermob in the US can be a real challenge thanks to high prices, long wait times, limited availability, and confusing pricing.
We did a lot of research into Fermob chairs in order to sort out the situation.
Fermob Chair Basics
In order to keep thing as digestible as possible, this article will focus on two pieces, the Luxembourg Low Chair and the Luxembourg Lounge Armchair. These are perhaps the most popular pieces in the company’s outdoor seating collection, but are unfortunately easy to confuse with one another.
- The Luxembourg Low Chair is the lower of the two. It’s more “lounge-y” thanks to being setback at a 113-degree angle. It’s the more expensive of the two chairs.
- The Luxembourg Lounge Armchair is more of a conventional chair and it setback at a 108-degree angle.
Where To Buy Fermob Chairs Online
The main confusion is around actually finding these chairs for sale for the best possible deal. This is no simple task.
Here is our dataset as of April 2023.
- The pricing is per chair, but they are usually sold as pairs.
- Shipping cost is to the same ZIP code for all sellers but my vary based on your location
- The color number in parentheses is the number of colors currently available.
Luxembourg Lounge Armchair
|Fermob USA||$819||Now||23 (14)||Free||$148||$1783|
Luxembourg Low Armchair
|Fermob USA||$995||Now||23 (16)||Free||$175||$2165|
|Williams Sonoma||$1020||3-5 wk||3 (3)||$279||$205||$2525|
|Pottery Barn||$1020||4-6 wk||6 (6)||$279||$205||$2525|
Given that these chairs are quite difficult to find used, this puts potential buyers in the difficult situation of sorting through all these sellers, potentially paying above retail, or taking a chance on an online store without much brand recognition and limited online feedback in order to save money.
There are other catches as well. For example, Lumens — who had the highest prices by far — also has the chairs listed as non-returnable. Now this is a classic piece with excellent quality control and they have been made for years so it’s unlikely you’d need to return them, but not offering any returns is still problematic.
So what would you do in this situation? Send us an email with your thoughts.