How can you develop creativity in children? Many of us turn to Legos. But how to you cherish that creativity and commemorate the creations so they can be enjoyed for years to come? A little bit of glue can go a long way.
But parents should choose the best glue for Legos. This means glue that can be applied safely and that won’t harm the plastic of the Legos.
So which glue is the best for Legos?
Choosing A Glue
While doing your research and making your choice, you should take into account a couple of factors…
- Safety for plastics
- Ease of use
- Drying time
- Safety for use indoors (low fumes, etc.)
This means you should carefully go through the labels of the glues you are considering. You can visit the websites of the manufacturing companies as well and read the reviews and testimonials on them. These steps will give you a fair idea of which glue to opt for.
Le Glue Temporary Glue
If you want a temporary way to keep Legos together or something for kids to use then temporary Le Glue is the right choice.
We love this stuff because its temporary, it’s made in the US, and it’s non-toxic.
This isn’t a permanent solution like Gorilla Super Glue and it’s fairly expensive, selling for about $13, but you get a big bag of it and it’s not permanent.
Le Glue will strengthen the bond of your Legos by about 12x so they will be much, much stronger, but they can still be pulled apart in the future if you’d like to reuse the Legos. That’ll be nearly impossibly (or at least impractical) with some of the other glues listed here.
Gorilla Super Glue
A focused study will reveal that among the glues for Legos that are available in the market, Gorilla Super Glue stands out. More than 7,500 people have rated this glue and the average rating is more than 4. This means that the glue is powerful and you can use it for tough jobs. The glue can work on wood, leather, paper, plastic, ceramic, and metal.
Regarding the ease of use of the glue, its thick formula ensures smooth flow control, and so, you can be certain of this aspect. Similarly, the drying time is only 10 seconds according to the claim of the makers of the glue. Thirdly, the chemicals used for making this glue are not as harsh as those used in similar products.
Pros of Gorilla Super Glue
- Ease of use
- You can use the glue even for tough jobs
- Smooth flow control thanks to its thick formula
- Quick drying time
Cons of Gorilla Super Glue
Under many circumstances the drying time of the Gorilla Super Glue is not 10 seconds as claimed by the manufacturer. The glue can take much longer than this sometimes, meaning it lacks the quick time of a competitor like Elmer’s Original Krazy Glue, which is a popular alternative. The glue is also less available and a bit more expensive then Krazy Glue.
That said, with Legos time to think and correct is generally more important than quick drying time, so this isn’t much of a con.
This glue isn’t safe for use with children, which can be a major con for some people.
Products Similar To Gorilla Super Glue
Super Glue by Glue Masters
Super Glue has also received more than 5,000 ratings and the average rating is above 4. The main ingredient used in this glue is cyanoacrylate-based and of professional grade. Thanks to its thick viscosity, the glue is used in industries as well. Of course, you can use it on Legos as well. Another positive aspect of this glue is its longer shelf life.
The drying time of this glue is 1 minute. Its ease of use is impressive. Its thick viscosity ensures smooth flow control. All hobbyists will find the glue highly useful. Yet another great aspect of this glue is its versatility.
Pros of Super Glue
- The viscosity of the glue ensures smooth flow control.
- The glue is versatile which means people can use it in industries as well as on Lego toys.
- Very long shelf life even after opening
- People should be very careful while using this glue. People cannot use it if their space is not well-ventilated.
- Users should carefully avoid spilling the glue on their clothes.
- They should wear eye masks for protecting their eyes from the glue.
Epoxy Glue by Pratley
With more than 1,000 ratings and with an average rating of above 4, the Epoxy glue by Pratley is a high-strength glue. So, you can use it even on rigid materials. Of course, you can use it on Legos as well. This means the glue is versatile. Experts opine that this glue suits materials that require runnier consistency.
More importantly, the use of this glue will not be visible and So, experts suggest this glue in those items such as ornaments, jewelry, etc. Of course, since it can be used on plastic, it can be a good fit for being used on Lego toys.
Pros of epoxy glue by Pratley
- This is a high-strength glue
- It can be used in instances that require runnier consistency
- Highly versatile
- The use of this glue is not visible. So, apart from using to glue plastic items such as Lego toys, you can use this glue on materials like ornaments. Jewelry, etc. as well.
Compared to Gorilla Super Glue and Super Glue by Glue Masters, the ease of use of this glue is lower.
How to use Gorilla Super Glue.
- To open the tube that contains the glue, you should press the cap and white nozzle on the tube firmly. This will puncture the seal.
- Before gluing, make sure the Legos are free of dirty, dust, or oils.
- For every square inch of the surface to be glued, only a single drop of the glue is enough.
- If you keep pressing the two surfaces for about 10 to 45 seconds, the surfaces will stick. This isn’t generally necessary with Legos as the hold by themselves, but you’ll want to make sure they are fully pressed down and don’t harden slightly apart, creating a seam. Some people will gently tap the top brick with a very small hammer to ensure all gaps are closed.