If you think that choosing the best glue for glass is a bewildering task, you are partially right. Why is this task daunting? The reason is you have several brands of glues that specifically market themselves as being for glass. Unfortunately, all the manufacturers proclaim that their products are the best.
Remember the fact that not all products are the same and some will be good for glass under some circumstances while other are better under different ones.
Here’s what we found while looking for the best glue for use with glass.
Picking A Glue For Glass
You must take into account the following few factors while choosing a glue for your glass work…
- How much time does the glue take to set?
- What is the duration of curing time?
- How easily you can use the glue? Does it require gloves, does it has fumes, etc.
Loctite Glass Glue
The Loctite Glass Glue works on different types of glasses including tinted, clear, brown, stained, and opaque glass. This clear glue sets within a few seconds. It dries quickly as well. It can work on plastic and metal also.
Pros of Loctite Glass Glue
- Fast setting. Only a few seconds are enough
- Similarly, the drying time is low
- Works on all types of glasses
- Super strong bond
- Dries clear
- Dishwashing can degrade glue over time
- Long curing time – up to 7 days
- Curing time can vary based on conditions
Loctite Glass Glass Alternatives
There are a few similar glues that can be used on glass. Let us look at a few of them.
Gorilla Clear Glue
The popular Gorilla Clear Glue can work on various types of materials. Glass, metal, ceramic, stone, foam, and wood are a few among them. This is a strong and clear glue. Its ease of use is very good.
Pros of Gorilla Clear Glue
- The Gorilla Clear Glue can work on a wide variety of materials, not just glass
- Strong glue. This means it can deliver the results we expect from the Gorilla brand
- Sets and dries quickly.
- Does not set instantly
- More expensive than competitors
Rhino Glue Gel Heavy Duty
The Rhino Glue Gel Heavy Duty is amazingly quick in bonding. It takes only a few seconds for it. Further, it is a strong and tough glue
Pros of the Rhino Glue Gel Heavy Duty
- The Rhino Glue can work on dissimilar surfaces also.
- Its ease of use is quite impressive.
- Quick bonding. It needs only a few seconds
- Some review note it’s not consistent in its performance
- When compared to a few other brands, this glue is slightly more expensive.
How To Glue Glass
- You must first thoroughly clean the glass surface
- Make sure the glass is completely dry
- Spread the glue evenly on the surfaces. A thin layer is enough.
- Keep the surfaces pressed for up to a minute
- Let cure for up to 7 days