It doesn’t matter if you have a charcoal grill, a pellet grill, a gas grill, or a propane one, they all great hot. Some get super hot, breaking 500 degrees F, and even higher towards the surface. Your bare hands can’t stand up to that level of heat, so you need protection. This article will run through some of the best grilling gloves sold today.
There are a number of schools of thought when it comes to grill gloves. Some people go old school with leather, others like silicone, some like rubber, and still others like high-tech heat-resistant materials like aramid.
Our Pick: Leather Welding Gloves
Before aramid was a thing, before the internet was a thing, and before propane grills were even a thing, people were protecting themselves from fire with leather gloves. These are decidedly old school, but they do the job quite well. You’ll still need to be super careful around heat, but even after all these years leather is surprisingly tough and reliable. A good pair of welding-style gloves, like these from Ozero, will last for years.
- 16-inch design protects forearms
- 932 degrees F (500 degrees C) protection
- Cotton liner with aluminum foil liner for heat protection and comfort
If you are interested in a pair of heat resistant, new-fangled fabric gloves then these are a top pick. They are a fabric, which means great grip and a high degree of comfort. These types are gloves simply aren’t the traditional choice.
- EN4O7 certified for up to 932 degrees F
- Flexible for maximum dexterity when worn
- Grip strips for holding on to slipper materials and glass
- Aramid fabric for heat resistance
- One-size-fits-most design